Nomination and Application
Nominations for the 2017-18 Class of Leadership Chattanooga are open from Feb.1 – March 10. Nominating takes less than five minutes.
Anyone can nominate, and self-nominations are accepted. To nominate someone for Leadership Chattanooga, click here.
Once nominated, participants will be emailed an application form with instructions.
Two reference statements, one from the applicant’s employer, will be required to complete the application.
A hard copy of the application should be returned to the Chamber by April 11. Late applications will not be considered.
If a nominee has asked you to submit a reference statement as part of an application, do so here by April 11.
Qualifying for Leadership Chattanooga
Selection criteria include:
- Sincere commitment and interest
- Demonstrated dedication through past community activities
- Interest in seeking public office, volunteering for a board or holding other key leadership roles
- Potential for advancement to top leadership positions
A maximum of 40 participants will be selected, with a diligent effort to represent a cross section of the community in age, race, gender and occupation.
Attendance at the orientation and retreat are mandatory.
Participants who miss more than two of nine monthly sessions must withdraw from the program with no portion of tuition refunded.
Tuition is $2,500 per participant, due Aug. 15.
The participant’s employer or sponsoring organization generally covers the cost of the program, with the participant contributing the first $100 of tuition.
To be considered for financial assistance, please complete financial assistance forms included in the application.
- Nominations due: March 10
- Applications due: April 11
- Orientation: Afternoon of Aug. 17
- Retreat: Aug. 24-25
- Monthly meetings held on the second Thursday of each month Sept. – May