Majestic 12 Theater
Majestic 12 Theatre
Recognizing the need to keep moviegoers downtown, River City Company developed the state-of-the-art theater featuring 12 screens (3 with 3D), 2,500 seats and digital projection and sound. A VIP auditorium called "The Ovation Club" treats movie-goers to large reclining seats, expanded food service from the adjoining kitchen and bar service.
- LEED Gold certified, the U.S.'s First LEED Registered Movie Theatre.
- Greywater cistern that can hold 10,000 gallons of rainwater and used for non-potable purposes at the theater.
- Designed for a natural light lobby and use of LED lighting throughout the building.
- This theater was constructed using low VOC emitting paints, carpet and glues.
- The Majestic 12's roof is a white roof that reflects up to 95% of solar heat and can reduce the surface temperate up to 50 degrees.
- The brick used in this building was made nearby in Alabama. Using materials manufactured close to the project reduces the amount of non-renewable fossil fuels used for transportation.
- During construction of this theatre, crews sorted and recycled waste - diverting over 90% of material that would have normally gone to a landfill.
- Nearly a quarter of the materials used in this building are recycled including the building's steel structure (80% recycled content) and concrete block walls (65% recycled content).
Project name: Majestic 12 Theatre
Owner: River City Company
Builder: EMJ Construction