Protégé Chattanooga is a nine month team-based mentoring program in which early and mid-career professionals build lifelong networks while learning from local executives and their peers. Protégé offers two cohorts, day and evening, that will be made up of 12 future leaders each. The program begins with an orientation and reception in August, sessions begin in September and ends with graduation in May. Applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 40, and are not required to be current YPC members.
Upon completing the nomination form, each person nominated will receive correspondence from Protege Chattanooga on or after March 8, with a schedule of program dates so that the candidate may decide if this is a good year to apply. Applications will be accepted up to April 1, 2021.
Nominating a candidate does not guarantee admission into the class. Please submit as many nominations as you wish.
2021-22 Session Dates, Program Details & Cost
Orientation for both cohorts will be Aug. 26 from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Day Cohort Dates
- Question Session (2nd Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.): Sept. 8, Oct. 13, Nov. 10, Dec. 8, Jan. 12, Feb. 9, March 9, April 13
- Mentor Session (3rd Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.): Sept. 15, Oct. 20, Nov. 17, Dec. 15, Jan. 19, Feb. 16, March 16, April 20
Evening Cohort Dates
- Question Session (1st Monday from 5:30 to 7 p.m.): Sept. 13*, Oct. 4, Nov. 1, Dec. 6, Jan. 10*, Feb. 7, March 7, April 4
- Mentor Session (2nd Monday from 5:30 to 7 p.m.): Sept. 20*, Oct. 11, Nov. 8, Dec. 13, Jan. 17*, Feb. 14, March 14, April 11
- *Notice Change
The mentorship program consists of:
- 12 protégés in each cohort
- Protégés come from diverse professional backgrounds, with a strong preference given to YPC members
- The program begins in August with an orientation and reception, sessions begin in September and concludes with graduation in May
- The cohort meets twice a month – once for a planning session, once for a mentor session
- Mentors are established business or civic leaders and a different mentor speaks at each mentor session
- Protégés are paired with a mentor and meet one on one at least once during the program
- 100% attendance is expected from protégés. Two missed planning sessions and one missed mentor session are allowed without penalty
- Confidentiality is required, in order to facilitate more open and honest exchange between mentors and protégés
Recognizing that there are many paths to business and civic leadership, the goal of Protégé Chattanooga is to provide the protégés with eight different views of success and leadership – one from each mentor. Over the course of the program, protégés will bond with each other, gain valuable insight from established leaders, and develop a better understanding of their own path to success.
Cost & Scholarships
Program Cost: $500
There are a limited number of partial scholarships available. The scholarship application form is included in the application form.
Questions about Protege Chattanooga