Protégé Chattanooga is a nine month team-based mentoring program in which early and mid-career professionals build lifelong networks while learning from local executives and their peers. Protégé offers two cohorts, day and evening, that will be made up of 12 future leaders each. The program begins with an orientation and reception in August, sessions begin in September and ends with graduation in May. Applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 40, and are not required to be current YPC members.
The mentorship program consists of:
- There are 12 protégés in each cohort
- The program begins in August with an orientation and reception, sessions begin in September and concludes with graduation in May
- The cohort meets twice a month – once for a planning session, once for a mentor session
- One mentor speaks at each mentor session
- Protégés are paired with a mentor and meet one on one at least once during the program
- Protégés come from diverse professional backgrounds, with a strong preference given to YPC members
- Mentors are established business or civic leaders
- Each month, protégés will meet as a group with one mentor for one to two hours, preferably at the mentor’s place of business.
- 100% attendance is expected from protégés. Two missed planning sessions and one missed mentor session are allowed without penalty
- Confidentiality is required, in order to facilitate more open and honest exchange between mentors and protégés
Recognizing that there are many paths to business and civic leadership, the goal of Protégé Chattanooga is to provide the protégés with eight different views of success and leadership – one from each mentor. Over the course of the program, protégés will bond with each other, gain valuable insight from established leaders, and develop a better understanding of their own path to success. The cost of the program is $500, and partial scholarships are available.
Questions about Protege Chattanooga