The Chattanooga Chamber’s talent team is committed to supporting policies, programs and strategies that develop diverse, local talent pipelines. Below you’ll find information about ongoing engagement opportunities and events. If you are interested in volunteering or for more information about the full breadth of our work please contact, email@example.com
Education & Career Pathways
The Education + Career Pathways initiative is a collaboration between the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, Chattanooga 2.0, Southeast Tennessee Works (SETWorks), Hamilton County Schools, Future Ready Institutes of Hamilton County, Chattanooga State Community College, and The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC).
- Business (Finance & Management)
- Business (Administration, Media & Communications)
- Engineering Technology
- Information Technology
Future Ready Institutes
In 2018 the Hamilton County Department of Education established Future Ready Institutes in 13 high schools. Students say they enjoy gaining experience and learning valuable skills in our region’s high-demand industries.
Four principles guide the work:
- Relevant instruction
- Partnerships beyond school
- Post-secondary jump start
- Student choice
Our Chattanooga Chamber connects our business community with educators, ensuring alignment between Future Ready Institutes and regional workforce needs.
Opportunities for you to become involved abound:
- Industry Councils. Join one of four councils that provide guidance and support; Industry Councils cover:
- Business & IT
- Public service
- Job Shadow. Invite students to shadow employees at your organization
- Field Trip. Host an industry-specific visit
- Teacher Externship. Help teachers bring the real world into their classrooms by hosting Future Ready Institutes educators for one or two days in your business
- Internships. Start building your talent pipeline today by hosting Future Ready Institute students as summer interns
Get (Future) Ready Event for 8th graders
- Research shows career exposure in middle school is an important workforce development strategy for preparing students.
- Employers provide interactive exhibits about job opportunities
- Hamilton County 8th graders learn what they need to make more informed decisions about high school courses, post-secondary training and career paths
- Future Ready Institutes enroll students in small learning cohorts with career, theme-based teaching and learning beginning in 9th grade.
To check out the 2nd Annual Get (Future) Ready Event held virtually on Jan. 14 & 15, 2021, click here.
College & Career Fair for High School Juniors
There’s always lots of energy and lively Q&A at this one.
- High school juniors get all the information they need to start planning for the all-so-important ‘What am I going to do after high school’’question
- College representatives and employers come with training program information and lots of answers
- Businesses provide hands-on activities and information
Spring Job Fair: Largest Hiring Event in Greater Chattanooga
- Businesses connect with job seekers
- Typically includes advanced manufacturing, finance, information technology, transportation (and many more)