Healthy Chattanooga Coalition
The Healthy Chattanooga Coalition is a group of employers working together, supported by the city and Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce to more strongly incentivize vaccine use among workers and increase vaccination rates across our city’s employers. The goal is to see a minimum of 60% vaccination rate in Chattanooga and Hamilton County by December 1, 2021.
The Coalition is designed to save lives, reduce infections and help Chattanooga return to a normal level of commerce. The effort will also support small businesses and nonprofits that depend on public gatherings to survive and will begin to restore employment in the tourism sector. We will share education, best practices and awareness opportunities with Coalition participants.
Members of the Healthy Chattanooga Coalition are encouraged to participate in the Vaccination Tiers at a level that meets the individual needs of the organization. Each employer faces a different set of circumstances, and employers may find themselves adopting policies from multiple tiers. Employers are encouraged take other actions as appropriate, such as temporarily closing offices for deep cleaning, or offering additional incentives to employees beyond those listed here.
We hope this effort will raise morale among both workers and customers who want to feel safe.
If you would like to join the many companies who have already signed onto the coalition, click the button below.
Vaccination Participation Tiers:
Tier 1: We will encourage all of our employees to get vaccinated and provide support to our employees throughout the process
- Applied Thermal Coatings
- Baker Donelson
- Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel, P.C.
- Chattanooga State Community College
- Cleaning Solutions, LLC
- Creative Discovery Museum
- Design Print Promote
- One to One Health
- Rise Partners
- RockPoint Bank, N.A.
- The Sasha Group
Tier 2: We will incentivize employees to get vaccinated in some way and provide support to our employees throughout the process
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- CBL Properties, Inc
- Cempa Community Care
- Chattanooga Gas
- Elder's Ace Hardware
- First Horizon Bank
- Galen Medical Group
- HomeServe USA
- Lodge Cast Iron
- Parkridge Health System
- Tennessee Aquarium
- Thompson Engineering, Inc.
- U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc.
- Vision Hospitality Group, Inc
- Volkswagen Group of America Chattanooga Operations
- Wingard Quality Supply
Tier 3: We will require all employees to be vaccinated
- Bridge Financial Planning, LLC
- CHI Memorial
- The Enterprise Center
- Izell Marketing Group
- McCallie School
To learn more about the Healthy Chattanooga Coalition and our thinking behind it, listen to the latest episode of our podcast, Chattanooga Works.
For resources to help you determine the best course of action for your own workplace, and communicate it effectively with your employees, check the links below.
If you have questions regarding the executive order from the Biden Administration, please see the links listed below. These resources are provided courtesy of the Tennessee Business Roundtable.
- White House issues orders on mandatory COVID vaccines, testing - Constangy Legal Bulletin #906 (Sept. 10)
- What Every Employer Should Know About President Biden's Path Out of the Pandemic Plan | Baker Donelson (Sept. 10)
- Five Tentative Thoughts About The OSHA Employer Vaccine Mandate – Reason.com (Sept. 10)
- Author: Josh Blackman, constitutional law professor at South TX College of Law Houston, adjunct scholar at Cato Institute, and President of the Harlan Institute
- Recommended by Roundtable GC Zan Blue
- Who will pay for Biden employer mandate's required Covid-19 testing? - Memphis Business Journal (bizjournals.com) (Sept. 10)