Communications/Writing Summer Internship
Our communications/writing intern will handle a range of editorial, public relations and marketing assignments with an emphasis on writing content for our Business Trend publication (chattanoogatrend.com).
Our intern should have the ability to write effectively in a variety of editorial and marketing formats including magazine articles, news releases, social media posts, video scripts, etc. Intern will also assist with proofing, drafting emails in Constant Contact, supporting Chamber events as needed and other varied assignments.
Our intern will need:
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- A detail and deadline-oriented work style
- The ability to work on multiple projects in a given time frame
- Independence and self-direction for possible remote work
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
It’s a plus if you have experience with:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing/production
- Podcast editing/production
- Constant Contact or other email marketing platform
- A prior marketing, PR or related internship
What you’ll get from us:
- An hourly-paid internship
- Excellent sample projects to bolster your portfolio
- Strong editorial experience working with a supportive team who encourages your creative ideas and can suggest local job leads (read about some of our past interns’ experiences here, here and here)
- Opportunities to connect with local organizations, businesses and community leaders
- Access to Chamber and community events with stimulating speakers
- A flexible, potentially remote, schedule
Reports to: Amanda Ellis, Marketing & Communications Manager
Scheduling/hours: 20 hours/week starting around June 15, 2021, extending into fall semester 2021. Scheduling is flexible, but intern should be available to work shifts of at least 4 hours between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Internship may be entirely or partly virtual.
To apply: Submit resume and three writing samples or portfolio link. Also include a brief cover email explaining why you’re a good fit and what you’d like to learn through an internship experience with us. Please send application materials to email@example.com. No phone calls please.