Nomination and Application
Nominations for the Leadership Chattanooga Class of 2021-2022 are open.
Upon completing the nomination form, each person nominated will receive correspondence from Leadership Chattanooga on or after March 8, with a schedule of program dates so that the candidate may decide if this is a good year to apply. Applications will be accepted up to April 1, 2021.
Leadership Chattanooga contacts nominees to ask them to apply. The Application Form serves as the sole source of information used by the Selection Committee; therefore, it is necessary that the application be fully completed.
Nominating a candidate does not guarantee admission into the class. Please submit as many nominations as you wish.
If you were asked to complete a reference form, please find it below:
Qualifying for Leadership Chattanooga
A maximum of 40 participants will be selected on their own merits through an application process conducted by the Leadership Chattanooga Selection Committee.
Selection criteria include:
- Sincere commitment, motivation and interest in serving the community;
- Demonstrated dedication to civic engagement through past volunteer activities;
- Interest in public service through seeking elected office, volunteering for a nonprofit board or other key leadership roles;
- Recognized potential for career advancement to top leadership positions; and
- Alignment with the diversity of our community through the representation of diverse economic sectors, professions, viewpoints, ages, cultural perspectives, ethnic backgrounds, and geographical areas throughout Hamilton County.
Tuition is $2,900 per participant, due July 30.
The participant’s employer or sponsoring organization generally covers the cost of the program, with the participant contributing the first $100 of tuition.
To be considered for financial assistance, please complete the financial assistance forms included in the application.
Attendance at the Orientation and Retreat is mandatory.
Participants who miss more than two of nine monthly sessions must withdraw from the program with no portion of tuition refunded.
- Nominations due: March 7
- Applications due: April 1
- Orientation: Afternoon of Aug. 5 - *Mandatory*
- Retreat: Aug. 19-20 - *Mandatory*
- Monthly meetings held on Thursday, once a month Sept. – May